Thursday 11 August 2011

'Day Three Hundred Fifty One' by vanessawoz

I think we've all realised that the weather in Britain this summer hasn't been up to much but I can't believe even small children have now given up on the sunshine. Whilst walking home in the drizzle with my two year old today she said, "Mummy, if it snows tomorrow can we make a snowman?". I told her we could but it probably wouldn't snow tomorrow. I say "probably" because, well, who knows!

This is a lovely snowy picture. I believe it was taken in Italy but to me it really does look like the slushy, urban snow that we have in the towns here in the UK. I think the tones in this are great. The photographer has managed to make the street look freezing cold but also warm at the same time. Great choice of car to use too.

6 comments:

  1. It does look like here really. I have to admit *whispers* that I'm looking forward to the onset of winter. I love autumn in particular, and being secure in the knowledge that I can get wrapped up to go out and keep warm instead of now when I don't have a clue what I should be wearing as our weather changes from one minute to the next!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually loved the snow this winter... So unusual, fun, inconvenient, hahaaaa... But still I loved it. Don't get me wrong - I love the sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe....someone actually said to me today that it will soon be Winter!!! Cheerful thoughts, eh??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bring on the colder months when I can wear coloured tights and big coats. I love everything about autumn and winter, all the festivities, candlelight and warming food.

    That VW is lovely, the colour is great for the shot in the snow & I love the DOF on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit I am a summer girl but when it's weather like this I sometimes wish it would actually just hurry up and be winter. Yesterday for example was freezing but because it's still August it would have felt wrong to wear warm winter clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that photo is great, but I'm sooo not looking forward to seeing that in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails