Tuesday 23 August 2011

'mersea in the snow' by Jo Ingate

mersea in the snow by Jo Ingate
mersea in the snow, a photo by Jo Ingate on Flickr.

When I went to Southwold I thought I'd reached my beach hut heaven but then I saw photos of these huts in Mersea, Essex. They are just so pretty.

I've decided to share this particular photo with you as it's so striking. I love the bright blue sky, the blinding white snow and the pretty pastels. It looks like something from another planet. Well something from a different country at least. It definitely doesn't look like a winter day in the UK.

Now, how do I break it to my husband that we need to be going on another little beach hut adventure soon?

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a Tim Burton film, v surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot! The contract between the blue sky, pastel summer colours of the huts with the snow. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, my Grandparents had a beach hut on Mersea Island (all the huts were green though, some council rule). I loved going there as a kid and having bbqs on the beach. Not in the snow obviously ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails