Thursday 15 July 2010

Untitled image by Lívia Cristina


, originally uploaded by Lívia Cristina.

Hooray I'm back online. I bet you hadn't realised I'd gone anywhere but our phone line went down yesteday so we were without internet all day! Not too much of a disaster as I was able to go online on my mobile phone but when that happens it always makes you realise how much we take for granted these days.

I remember a simpler time when there was no internet. When I was at school I managed to do perfectly well using the books in the library to research my homework. How easy it would be now to just google it. Even when I was at university the internet wasn't as big as it is today. I had an email address but I didn't use it much. Contact with my friends back home was usually made through phone calls and handwritten letters. I can't say I'd ever want to return to a life like that though! I am rather too dependant on my laptop these days and so much I do with my life now revolves around getting online.

I thought this beautiful photo would go with my ramblings on the internet perfectly. We all do this sometimes don't we? Curl up in bed with our laptop to write, surf, or do whatever it is we do on our computer. I just love the idea of someone from another point in time doing exactly the same thing with a typewriter.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. And maybe I'm getting a little old, but I miss the old typewriter days. sigh

    xo-carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't miss old typewriters at all, very hard on the hands! Unlike my much loved laptop softkeys :) Did notice you weren't around yesterday! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I think that vintage typewriters are so charming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails