Thursday 5 May 2011

'Barcelona windows' by Me


Barcelona windows, originally uploaded by PhotoPuddle.

Our trip to Barcelona in March may have literally ended in tears but I have found myself really, really missing the city. I so want to go back and finish the holiday properly. I don't know what it was about the place but I really fell for it. In fact when we got there one of the first things I said to my husband about it was how it didn't feel all scary and foreign like some places do when you first arrive. But I think what sold it to me was simply how lovely everyone was there. We didn't speak Spanish or Catalan and there wasn't a huge amount of English spoken but when I had my accident everyone was just so nice and reassuring.

And of course there are so many photos in Barcelona which I just didn't take. Here is one I did take though. I've got a thing about taking pictures of windows at the moment that are interesting or really pretty. I though this was a really interesting window picture. I really like all the red curtains and of course being nosy on people's balconies.

Fingers crossed I make it back there one day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! This definitely encapsulates Barcelona even though many European cities have those windows. Hope you get to go back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails