Sunday 13 January 2013

'Wine Cork' by dougoo6

Wine Cork by dougoo6
Wine Cork, a photo by dougoo6 on Flickr.
I'm a very lucky lady. It's hard making new friends the older you get but since having my daughter I've made so many fantastic mummy friends who I know will be friends for life. I see most of them regularly during the week but it's always really nice to see some of them at the weekend every now and again. Saturday night I was out with a group of friends I met at my antenatal classes. It's wondeful that we are still in touch and we've been able to see our children growing up together and to see siblings coming along too. And today another group of friends who I met at a music group all go together for the afternoon. We all meet up with our younger children quite a lot but as our eldest children are now all at different schools during the week they don't get to see each other as often. We think it's important for them to stay in touch as they do all get on so well.

Anyway, my choice of photograph to accompany this post has nothing to do with parenting and isn't my way of saying this is the best way to deal with motherhood. No, it's just that I think my friends and I might have ordered quite a few bottles of wine between us last night. Thankfully I managed to avoid a hangover, unfortunately a couple of my friends weren't quite so lucky!

Oh and if you liked this brilliant photo you might like to have a look at a photo that I took and posted on here way back in January 2010 just after I set up this blog. I still have all those wine corks you know. I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails