Friday 2 September 2011

'The smell of summer ....' by Weirena

The smell of summer .... by Weirena
The smell of summer ...., a photo by Weirena on Flickr.

Today was a summer day. The sun shone brightly, it was hot and we had ice creams. We went to the park to hang out with friends and it was lovely. I love watching our children play together while us mums have a good old natter. I don't think this weather will continue but it was a fantastic goodbye to summer.

I was instantly drawn to this photo as I can't help but smile when I see bright yellow flowers. I really love the colours and tones of this. And I love that the flowers aren't perfect. Some aren't open, some of the petals are bent and I'm sure there's bug crawling on the lens. But that's what makes it great. It's real and real is beautiful.

Happy weekend to you all!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails