Thursday 21 February 2013

'One from the archives' by Me

One from the archives by PhotoPuddle
One from the archives, a photo by PhotoPuddle on Flickr.
I thought I'd show you this photo as it's one I took of my daughter when she was about the same age as my son is now. She's on her knees here but in fact she was just learning to walk. She first walked when she was ten months old and I've always been such a proud mummy about that. Trouble is my son is almost ten months old and whilst he's an expert crawler and very strong on his feet he's not walking and I doubt he will soon. I must admit I am finding it rather hard not to compare my two children. I know this is wrong and ridiculous, especially as one's a boy and one's a girl, but my four year old has set the bar really high - for example have I told you how great at reading she is? I need to remember that they are complete individuals and will have different strengths and weaknesses throughout their childhood and beyond. And you know what, whatever they do I know I will always be so incredibly proud of them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails