Wednesday 19 June 2013

'Summer the Starfish' by Two Travellers

Summer the Starfish by Two Travellers
Summer the Starfish, a photo by Two Travellers on Flickr.

Following on from my post about new year's resolutions I have also found myself making mid-year resolutions. Well maybe they're not exactly resolutions but but they are things I would like to focus on.

Firstly, I want to simplify. I guess that ties in with the decluttering. I'm going to try not to need so much 'stuff' and plan to surround myself with things I really love not just stuff I've bought for the sake of it or because it was on sale. Also I want to make sure I do things I because I enjoy them and not because I feel I have to.

And secondly, I want to embrace change and new opportunities. My daughter is starting primary school in September and as a stay-at-home mum I know this is going to have a huge impact on my life. I don't want to feel I am missing out on time with my daughter though. I want to focus on all the fun stuff we can do together after school. And I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with my son as he has kind of spent the past year being dragged round to whatever things I take my daughter to. Hopefully this will also be a great opportunity to make friends with some new mums at the school gate. I've met lots already and it seems like a nice bunch of people.

I'm also starting an evening course in September which will be a great opportunity to learn more about photography and also mix with different people.

And very importantly it's the BritMums blogging conference this weekend. I can't wait to meet new people there and to also come away with lots of blogging enthusiasm.

I am using this photo to illustrate simplicity. Photos like this really aren't complicated but they are always so popular. This is definitely an image that someone would buy to go on their wall at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails