Tuesday 7 August 2012

'Story fairy' by Me

Story fairy by PhotoPuddle
Story fairy, a photo by PhotoPuddle on Flickr.
Books have always been an important thing in this house. I've always loved them and now my daughter does too. She has loads and I love buying them for her. We always go to the library every three weeks and we have our favourites we borrow time and time again. In fact there have been times we've loved a library book so much I've just had to buy it. My daughter loves reading books as much as she loves hearing them read to her. She is always reading books to her baby brother and to be honest he is totally mesmerised by her. Of course she's not actually reading the words, after all she's only three. But that's my next challenge. I really want her to be able to read a little bit by the time she starts big school next September. She's doing well with her words and letters so far so fingers crossed.

I love this picture of my daughter. You can't tell because he's not in the shot but my little boy was actually lying on the floor next to her listening to the story. I also can't help but smile at the fact that she's dressed up as a fairy princess. So pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Totally gorgeous. I so wish we lived closer as your little girl sounds so similar to MC. I've just bought her lots of books to help with her reading and writing. She's really enjoying them x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails