Thursday 16 August 2012

'Southwold Beach' by katlightner

Southwold Beach by katlightner
Southwold Beach, a photo by katlightner on Flickr.
I'll tell you what I've been neglecting over the past few months - my Polaroid camera. I was so excited to finally get one that worked but I think a combination of things has made me lose interest a bit. Firstly, my son was born and he's been keeping me very busy. In fact I don't take as many photos as I used to with any camera, not just the Polaroid, I simply don't have the time! Actually that's a bit of a lie. I am still taking A LOT of photos. They're just mainly of my children. And secondly I finally got onto Instagram and it's kind of filling that instant photography section of my life. I know it's not the same at all though so I really need to pull my finger out and get good at taking Polaroids. First step is buying some more film.

This is the photograph that inspired this post. It's a lovely example of that lovely warm vintage feel you get with a Polaroid photo. And of course it's Southwold beach with beach huts do what's not to love. In fact Southwold was the very first place I took a Polaroid photo. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with the results. Hopefully one day I'll go back and get it right.

6 comments:

  1. It's amazing what gets neglected when you have a child...never mind two children. I was so into my photography before I fell pregnant with MC. Hoping to get back into it...maybe in about 18 years time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I'm sure I could make a very long list of things I'll probably get back into in 18 years time!

      Delete
  2. Oooh where is Southwold Beach? i love beach huts. And you have a Polaroid camera? did u see the blog post i did a month or so ago on creating something cute with your Polaroid photos? Go on, get it out!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Southwold is in Suffolk and the beach huts are awesome but don't get me started LOL! I've only been there once but would love to visit again. Mainly for photographic purposes!

      Delete
  3. Lol! Think that happens to us all when the kids are little. Starting to get my life back now that Chick is almost 10!! ;-) Always love a good beach hut shot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, if you like beach hut photos you've come to the right place. LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails