Saturday 30 January 2010

'Vintage Blue' by fullofbliss


Vintage Blue, originally uploaded by fullofbliss.

I love that every day objects can be so beautiful and become the subject of stunning photographs.

Cotton reels for example. I love them, especially vintage ones. They remind me of my childhood as my grandmother had loads of these vintage cotton reels. I so wish I had kept them now. She also had, among other treasures, a tin of buttons and a bag of zips! Simple stuff really but lovely. I want to be like that too! I already have a ribbon box and a tin of buttons but somehow they just don't seem as beautiful. Hmmm, that gives me an idea though. I really need to spend some time letting my camera get to know my crafty bits and bobs! I'll let you know how I get on.

Anyway, the photo I have chosen today is one I wish I could have taken myself. Fantastic collection of vintage cotton reels in such beautiful colours that match the pretty tin. The photo is really well cropped and it makes me think that the photographer has loads more pretty things like that in the cupboard.

If you like this, here is my Flickr gallery of gorgeous cotton reel photos.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit to my site...
    I love this photo here, it's gorgeous..those are my favourite colours right now.

    I'll look around your site some more now..
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color of blue and the vintage threads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails