Monday 24 March 2014

'running.' by Billy Lam

running.
Photo credit: Billy Lam on Flickr
So it appears I am a runner now. I have gone from being someone who got out of breath at the thought of running for a bus to someone who can run 5km in 33 minutes (that was the second time I had run that far so I was super pleased with that time). I am so surprised by how addictive running is and how it really does give you a natural high. I am also amazed at how much I want to push myself to go faster and further. I am not a particularly competitive person and I can lack motivation but when it comes to running I seem to be completely different. It's early days though. Perhaps the novelty will wear off after I've done the Race for Life but I hope not.

Like the knitting photos here's another opportunity to combine hobbies. I wonder what fabulous running pictures I can find. I was instantly drawn to this one because of the beautiful sunshine. It is such a positive image. I think the angle this was taken at it great too and I really love the little hints of orange on the shoes and on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'd like to try running this year. I'm a little nervous that I won't make it as far as the corner but I'm going to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it - you might surprise youself! I would never have called myself a runner but look what happened!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails