Sunday 9 March 2014

'Pretty' by Me

Pretty by PhotoPuddle
Pretty, a photo by PhotoPuddle on Flickr.

And I'm back. Did you miss me? I have spent the past week feeling poorly with a horrible cold and blogging just came way down the list of priorities. In fact I didn't really have much of a list of priorities other than get daughter to and from school and throw food at children every now and again! I could go on about how rubbish this week was but instead I want to focus on all the wonderful stuff that happened.

Firstly, I felt really loved this week. My husband as always was a wonderful nurse but my children too were great at looking after me. And I have lovely friends who looked out for me too. I never ask for help normally if I am ill, I generally just muddle on through. This time was no different except for the friends who just took it upon themselves to look after me, especially on the day my children have their gymnastics lessons. Without asking me they had worked out the logistics of taking my son in the morning and my daughter in the afternoon to their lessons so I could stay home and rest. It was so nice of them and the hour and a half I got home alone that day was sheer bliss! It's made me realise that it's OK to ask for help. After all I would always help a friend in need.

This week was my daughter's parent's evening and it was went so well. In fact her teacher honestly couldn't think of anything negative to say about her. She is happy, helpful and rather clever it would appear. I am such a proud mummy. Oh and she went up yet another reading level this week too. She is now reading books aimed at children at the end of year two. She's only in reception bless her.

And I am so proud of my son too. He seems to have grown up this week without me looking. I have been feeling guilty for just kind of leaving him too it this week - we've watched a lot of Peppa Pig - but it doesn't appear to have done him any harm. His speech and understanding of things are coming along so well. We've even started to have little conversations in our own mummy/son kind of a way. I can't believe he'll be two in just six weeks.

And something else happened while I wasn't looking too. Spring turned up. What a beautiful weekend it has been. And it doesn't feel like just a nice day in winter it really does feel like proper spring which is so welcome after feeling cold for so long.

Anyway, how are you? How was your weekend? I hope you are well and enjoying the change of season too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails