Friday 16 January 2015

'L and G fairy wings' by cate bruce-low

L and G fairy wings
Photo credit: cate bruce-low on Flickr

Tonight we are expecting a visitor. The Tooth Fairy should be on her way to our house right now. I hope she doesn't get lost as she's never been before. The whole first wobbly tooth affair has been rather bittersweet - well for me anyway. She is joining her friends on the gappy-mouthed stage of their childhood. She is growing up. This is exciting. I can't wait to see what kind of big girl my little little girls turns into. But at the same time I'm sad. My baby is definitely a baby no more. Also there is a shallow part of me worrying that her new teeth won't be as perfect as her old baby ones.

So, inspired by the day's events I went searching for fairy photos. I was rather taken by this one. These children look so engrossed in playing together. I wonder what the game was that required dressing up in fairy costumes. I think it is interesting that the room is relatively plain but to them it could be a magical fairy kingdom. Or perhaps the game didn't involve fairies, they just happened to be in fairy dresses. I also wonder whether something interesting was happening outside or whether they were just playing on the window sill. I love it when a photo makes me ask so many questions.

And oh look it's Friday - so let me just wish you all a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails