Tuesday 22 April 2014

'On top of the world' by Me

_DSC0263F
Photo credit: PhotoPuddle on Flickr

The Easter holidays are over and that makes me sad as we had such a wonderful couple of weeks. My motto for the holiday was "A change is as good as a rest" although when my husband questioned whether this was actually true I did suggest perhaps "A change is as good as we're going to get" would be more realistic. I do think the change of routine did us all good though and the lovely sunshine definitely lifted my mood.

Here is a photograph I took of my little boy at the top of the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth. He loved it up there and it's safe to say he's not scared of heights as he ran straight on to the glass floor and enjoyed looking down at everything below.

Here's a list of a few other things we got up to in the past few weeks.
  • Ate a lot of chocolate - I think we'll be eating Easter chocolate for many weeks to come
  • Did Easter crafts
  • Met up with friends - it was good for my daughter to catch up with various friends she doesn't see so much now they are all at different schools.
  • Watched a lot of Peppa Pig - thanks to Nick Jr 2 becoming Nick Jr Peppa throughout the month of April
  • Went to soft play - two different ones and neither were that busy despite being the holidays
  • Hung out with family - including seeing my youngest sister who I don't get to see very often
  • Ate out lots - and had the best burger even in Cafe Rouge
  • Went to gymnastics lessons
  • Ran lots - that was just me though
  • Shopped for clothes - got lots of summer things which I can't wear now as it's raining
  • Had tea at friend's house - that was just my daughter
  • Went to playgrounds - there are loads of good ones round here
  • Did homework - most of that was reading which my daughter just loves to do anyway
  • Went away for a few days to Southampton - a much needed break away
  • Went to the Zoo - I thoroughly recommend Marwell if you are ever in the Hampshire area
  • Watched films - Monsters Inc, Monsters University and Frozen are the big favourites at the moment
  • Went swimming
  • Celebrated my 37th birthday - and didn't feel as old as I thought I would
  • Went to the seaside - Brighton of course
  • Splashed in puddles - when the rain finally came on Sunday my son was really keen to try out his new wellies in some puddles
  • Had picnics
  • Drank wine - just the grown ups of course
  • Drank champagne - well it was my birthday
  • Went up the Spinnaker - see photo above
  • Sailed a boat - just a little one but my daughter loved it
  • Bought school summer dresses - which are currently hanging up in the wardrobe as it's not summer dress weather any more
  • Painted the bathroom - it looks as shiny as new
  • Cleared out my wardrobe - had to make room for the new clothes
  • Hunted for Easter Eggs - and hunted for Easter bunnies too
I'm sure there other things I could mention but that'll do for now. I hope you've been having a fantastic time recently too. 

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails